Boomerang Uninstall TinyOS
Uninstalling and Upgrading
If you previously installed Boomerang version 2.0 or later, you can upgrade to the most recent version by following the directions at [Boomerang_Upgrade|Upgrading Boomerang]].
Upgrading older installations
If you have previously installed TinyOS or Cygwin, either from a previous Boomerang installer, from another vendor’s installer, or on your own accord, we recommend you remove all previous TinyOS and Cygwin installations before proceeding.
Cygwin provides no method for convenient uninstall. The following steps are usually sufficient to remove Cygwin from your system:
- Close all Cygwin applications and services
- Delete or rename the following keys in the registry by invoking RegEdit
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions
- Delete or rename your Cygwin install directory, which defaults to c:\cygwin
If you installed TinyOS with an installation utility, just run its associated uninstaller.
If not, you must manually uninstall any "tinyos", "nesc", and "msp430" RPM’s. Discover which RPM’s are installed by starting a Cygwin shell and running the command "rpm -qa". Remove packages with the command "rpm --erase --nodeps [package1] [package2] [...]". Here is a sample list of RPM’s that may be installed, though the particular packages and versions installed on your computer may differ:
make-3.80tinyos-1 msp430tools-base-0.1-20050607 msp430tools-binutils-2.17-20060802 msp430tools-gcc-3.2.3-20060802 msp430tools-libc-20060208cvs-20060208 nesc-1.2.7a-1 tinyos-javacomm-1.0.0-1 tinyos-tools-1.2.2-1 tinyos-1.1.15Dec2005cvs-1 tinyos-moteiv-2.0.3-1
We recommend the version of Cygwin installed by Boomerang. However, any version of Cygwin installed or updated since December 2004 should be compatible, although you will be on your own if something does not work. The following Cygwin packages are installed by the Boomerang CD, and are the minimum required to install TinyOS and its related tools:
- ash autoconf autoconf-devel autoconf-stable automake automake-devel automake-stable
- base-files base-passwd bash binutils bison bzip2
- crypt ctags cvs cygipc cygrunsrv cygutils cygwin
- editrights emacs expat
- file fileutils findutils flex
- gawk gcc gcc-core gcc-g++ gcc-mingw gcc-mingw-core gcc-mingw-g++ gdb gdbm gettext gperf grep groff gzip
- less libbz2_1 libcharset1 libdb4.2 libgdbm libgdbm-devel libgdbm3 libgdbm4 libgettextpo0 libiconv libiconv2 libintl1 libintl2 libintl3 libncurses5 libncurses6 libncurses7 libncurses8 libpcre libpcre0 libpopt0 libreadline4 libreadline5 libreadline6 login
- m4 make man mingw-runtime minires mktemp more
- nano ncurses
- openssh openssl
- patch patchutils perl perl_manpages postgresql python
- rcs readline rpm rpm-build rpm-doc rxvt
- sed sh-utils
- tar tcltk tcsh termcap terminfo texinfo textutils time
- w32api wget which
- zip zlib
Boomerang installs new versions of the compilers and tools used by TinyOS. You may be able to directly upgrade an existing TinyOS installation using the Boomerang CD, although you will be on your own if something does not work.
An old nesC 1.1 installation may interfere with nesC 1.2.