- Automatic Power-on Reset Behavior
- Proper SplitControl architecture, compliant with TEP 115
- Burst register initialization
- Preprocessor choice of default channel, frequency, etc.
- BlazeCommit: change behavior and operations of the radio at runtime
- Asynchronous Transmit with Clear Channel Assessments
- Transmissions with long preambles for Wake-on Radio / BMAC low power communications
- Reliable acknowledgment transmissions in congested networks
- 62 byte packet maximum
- 500 kbps. Requires fast SPI bus access (use DMA on the MSP430)
- Automatic CSMA/CA, with hooks to control the use of CCA and backoff values
- UniqueSend/UniqueReceive duplicate packet filtering
- PacketLink automatic packet retransmissions
- Asynchronous receptions of packets
- Acknowledgments on request, and the ability to disable acknowledgments altogether.
- Ability to enable/disable filtering based on address, group (PAN), etc.
- Double acknowledgments for fewer dropped ack's.
- Custom acknowledgment frames that fix the notorious 802.15.4 acknowledgment problems.
Low Power Communication Plug-in Personalities
- Always On
- Wake-on Radio (needs further testing)
- BoX-MAC-1 (reliable, but needs further testing)
- BoX-MAC-2 (reliable, but needs further testing)
- Static periodic timer implementations for all asynchronous low power communications strategies to directly interface with synchronous implementations that keep track of neighbor's receive check times.